1549 El Prado • San Diego, CA
The Prado is a full service restaurant serving lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday. Located in the heart of Balboa Park, The Prado offers signature Latin-American cuisine, craft cocktails and an extensive wine list.
- Greet and acknowledge every Guest with a friendly smile
- Guide Guests through drink selections demonstrating thorough knowledge of all products and suggest items that might appeal to them
- Prepare and serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees or teas in accordance with recipes
- Deliver drinks and food in a timely manner while providing friendly and attentive service
- Respond promptly to Guest requests in a polite and professional fashion
- Process payments including credit card and cash transactions using the POS system
- Balance cash register at the start and close of each shift
- Arrange pastries, products, equipment and any self-service areas into attractive and functional displays to company pars
- Ensure cleanliness of display cases, equipment, floors and countertops at all times
- Monitor inventory and restock regularly to remain prepared for high volume periods
- Comply with established safety and sanitation standards
- Adhere to company policies and standard procedures
- Able to work in a high energy and fast paced work environment
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Requires a good sense of prioritization and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Able to project a friendly and helpful attitude
- Able to work as part of a Team
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Must be dependable and timely
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Weekends, holidays and evenings required
- High standard of personal appearance and hygiene
- Possess a clear understanding of weights and measures
- Possess knowledge of safe food-handling, sanitary kitchen conditions and proper hand washing techniques
- Must be well schooled in the use of grinders, espresso machines, and other tools necessary to make coffee and espresso drinks
- Ability to multi-task, as a Barista you will be preparing more than one drink at a time while also fulfilling food orders and running a cash register, so multitasking is key to this position.
- Food Handlers card required
- Able to lift 30-50 lbs.
- Able to stand, walk, lift, twist and bend for up to 8 hours a day
- Able to climb stairs while carrying 15-30 lbs.
The job description doesn't imply an employment contract, nor is it intended to include a comprehensive listing of daily activities, duties or responsibilities required of the Employee for this job. Other tasks may be assigned based on business needs and the department supervisor's request.